Saturday, July 4, 2009

The LAST First Holiday

Today is the 4th of July which marks a few things to us. First of all it's Matthew's LAST first holiday. We're closing in on his first birthday in a couple days and from here on out all the holiday's we've covered.

Here is a picture of me from last 4th of July when Matthew was a very noticeable bump in my belly
Photobucket

That day our annual tradition of fighting traffic down the shore was altered due to my 9 month pregnant self. Sarah and Wayne, our long standing partners in crime for said traffic fighting, came up to us and we walked over to the Community Day in our park. It was a very nice time although the mile long walk back had me beat and I was sure the sound of the fireworks was going to cause Matthew to have an early arrival.

This day is also a little bittersweet. Two years ago on this day I spent the day discussing baby names with Sarah. July 5th 2007 was when we were going in for our level II ultra sound to make sure everything was okay with the twins and to find out what we were having. As you know that day didn't go as planned as it was the day we found out our sweet Baby B had not made it. So while I'm celebrating the birthday of America and getting ready to celebrate the birthday of my son my mind is on the birthday of our twins too. I can't believe it's been two years since they made their too soon arrival into the arms of Jesus.

No comments: