Sunday, July 26, 2009

A Messy Yay

I have some bigger blogging to do but I'm trying to be better about blogging the little things too. I plan to this week blog about his birthday, the twins and the awesome weekend we just had. But until I get to it I did catch a "yay" on camera.

Matthew, when he learned how to clap, learned incorrectly. But there was no need for us to correct him. We did it right and he did it right in his mind. He would slap the palm of one hand on the back of the other and alternate. It was so.stinking.cute. Well I knew the day would come when he learned how to do it right. That day came on Friday. We were headed to Stride Rite to buy his first pair of real walking shoes when I looked down to see the palms of his hands slapping together. I didn't feel pride at first that my son had learned a new skill correctly. I was mostly sad. The little baby clap was gone and in it's place the clap of a kid sharpening his skills. Sigh. Such is life and there will be plenty more moments like this to come. Forgive me as I shed a slight tear at my little boy growing up.



By the way, stick with it to the end and you will hear him say "all done" which he usually declares after he throws any leftover food onto the floor.

No comments: