Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Yummy Dinner

I struggle sometimes to come up with new meals. Like most moms I feel like I make the same things over and over again. I'm a vegetarian and Matt and Matthew are not so coming up with something we will all eat can be difficult. Luckily I've been blessed with a husband who doesn't mind eating the vegetarian soy crumbles. Tonight I decided to try something new. Beef strognanoff made with it.

I was apprehensive myself about trying it. See not only do I not like meat, I don't even want the consistency of it. But this was really good!

Matthew had a hard time deciding he was going to try it. Which made us laugh. Because it's noodles, and he loves noodles. So how did he know it was something he never had before. But the little booger ate his peas, his applesauce and even drank half his milk before he would try the stroganoff. It took me putting it on a big fork instead of his toddler one. But he did try it. And loved it. Ate his whole plate full and still wanted more!

Phew! I realize how far I've come in my life when I've overjoyed at the thought of adding a new meal to my rotation.

(excuse the quality of pictures...Matthew was "playing" with my camera this morning and it appears it's gone missing so this is taken with our video camera)

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Minky Moo said...

I didn't know you were veg! I am veg and we are raising Max veg, for my birthday Zach went veg for a year. I make stroganoff with crumbles a lot, my boys both love it like yours!

Megan said...

Yep! I haven't eaten meat since 2002 I think, but was never a big meat eater before that even.

I wasn't a fan before of the crumbles but either they've gotten better or my taste buds changed. They stopped making my favorite things, the spinach artichoke bites by morning star farms. But I found another company that does veg stuff that makes a corn and mozzarella nugget that is SO good!