Friday, January 15, 2010

The Proof of Fun

Tonight we left as soon as Matt got home. We went to dinner and ran errands and got home and it was after bedtime. So we went right upstairs. When we came back down I tripped over the five billion toys scattered and started to curse the mess. We're trying to instill in Matthew that we pick up at the end of the night. But tonight we just got home too late. I quickly changed my thinking. Instead of cursing the mess I decided to feel blessed by it. It was proof that my son had a good day. Filled with building blocks and putting together puzzles and running his "choo-choo" around the table. It was filled with reading books and rocking on his horse and hitting the button on his race car over and over and over again.

It is a blessing to live the life I live. To stay home and spend the day with Matthew and watch him play with no cares in the world. I embrace the mess, for it is proof that love lives here.

Photobucket

No comments: