Thursday, May 7, 2009

And We Walked...

As we got to the March For Babies walk I felt my eyes well up with tears. There were a lot of people there walking for babies who were little fighters in the NICU and got to come home. As you know we were not so lucky, but I still could feel the greatness of gratitude coming from the families of those little babies that did survive. It took about 20 minutes before I could get myself together and stop being emotional.

It was a long walk, and not on our side was the fact the night before we had gone to a concert in Atlantic City and didn't get back to the hotel until 1:30 in the morning only to wake up at 6 to get ready to leave. On top of being tired it was in the 80's that day! Those 5 miles felt like 15 but we did it, and got the sticker to prove it.

Our team raised $1030! I was so excited to have contributed so much to such a great cause! I hope next year we can raise even more!

Matt and I would like to thank everyone who came out and walked with us and those that donated to our team.

Here are some pictures of our walk.

Matthew and the butterfly balloons we got for the twins.
Photobucket

Some of our team in the green shirts
Photobucket

The memory wall
Photobucket

The page we did for the twins
Photobucket

A picture of the three of us at the end of the walk.
Photobucket

Matthew wearing his "little brother" t-shirt
Photobucket

It was a great day and we can't wait for next year!

No comments: