Thursday, December 17, 2009

On a Roll

So I'm rolling with my newfound love of experimenting in the kitchen and decided today to try and make home made cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning. Our Christmas Day is going to be very hectic and we're pretty much getting up at 5 to give Matthew time to open and play with his presents a little bit before we are off to visit family in three different places before our final destination of my inlaws house for a couple days. While I am excited to see everyone, it's still going to be hectic. Perhaps next year we'll invite people to come to us.

Anyway, I thought cinnamon rolls would be a good Christmas morning breakfast. Something I can make ahead of time and heat up for us to eat while we open gifts.

It was a similar process to the bread.

Mixing in the mixer

Photobucket

Kneading it on a floured surface

Photobucket

I proofed it for about 90 minutes in a warmed oven and it went from

Photobucket

to

Photobucket

After it was finished proofing I had to punch it down.

Photobucket

And then roll it out and spread melted butter and then a mixture of sugar and cinnamon on it.

Photobucket

And then roll it up, slice it and put it in a pan.

Photobucket

Once sliced it had to proof again for 45 minutes.

Photobucket

After 20 minutes in the oven and being glazed the final result is pure yumminess.

Photobucket

Want one?

Photobucket

No comments: