Friday, December 11, 2009

C is For Cookie

You know one of my favorite parts about Christmas? The presents? Definitely. The lights? Absolutely.

But one of my other favorite parts is the cookies. Before Matthew I would spend a whole weekend making cookies. About 12 different kinds. Since him there are other fun things to do, and he's not quite at the helpful stage yet so I pick a few of my favorite and make them over time and freeze them.

Tonight I made my absolute favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe that I got from an online mommy friend, the same one who helped me feel brave enough to let Matthew feed himself yogurt the other day actually, lol.

I substituted chocolate chips for the Christmas color M&M's.

Photobucket

Doesn't the dough look divine? It tastes even better than it looks!

Here they are ready to go in the oven.

Photobucket

And in their final form.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Want to make some of your own?

The *Best* Chocolate Chip Cookies


What you need:
1 1/2 c. Butter flavored Crisco
2 1/2 c. firmly packed brown sugar
2 tbsp. vanilla
2 eggs
3 1/2 c. flour
2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
3 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips

What you do:
1. Preheat oven to 375. Cream Crisco, brown sugar, vanilla, & eggs in bowl. Mix in dry ingred. & add chocolate chips. Using a teaspoon, drop cookie dough onto an ungreased baking sheet, spaced about 1 inch apart.
2. Bake for 8-10 mins. (I frequently only bake for 6-7 minutes)


Seriously, they are chewy and crispy and just so yummy. In fact I think I need to go try one more before I toss them in the freezer, you know, just to make sure they're okay.

No comments: