Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Kitchen Creativity

Today I decided to try my hand at baking home-made bread.

I was excited to use my dough hook for the first time ever in the almost 9 years I've owned my kitchenaid.

Photobucket

Quickly dough formed to look more like...welll...bread dough.

Photobucket

Then I turned it out on to the counter to knead it to the right consistency.

Photobucket

After 90 minutes in the oven my dough went from

Photobucket

to

Photobucket

Finally it was time to form it into loaves of bread and score it. A quick egg white wash and into the oven it went!

Photobucket

28 minutes later it was ready and the house smelled so good!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I served it alongside of some chicken noodle soup that cooked in the crockpot all day. I even made home made noodles for that.

Photobucket

It was a big hit at dinner. And Matthew loved the bread! He even said "mooooaaahhh beh" (translation--more bread).

No comments: