Monday, March 9, 2009

8 Months Already!

How about an 8 month update!

Matthew at 8 months old is just showing more and more personality every day. I think he's going to be a little daredevil. Saturday in Target Matt was weaving the cart all around and it was cracking him up. Then today I was running with him in the cart back to the car and he was laughing so hard.

Mobility wise he's not crawling yet but definitely doesn't let that stop him. He gets everywhere he thinks he needs to go. His favorite place is the cat door and wherever Matt's shoes are

His favorite song is "skidamarinkydinkydink" I sing it too him all the time and everytime I start to sing it he gets a huge smile on his face. He also loves "Jesus Loves Me" and tonight when we were saying prayers with him I would say "who else do we want God to bless" after I had named everyone in our family and he would just make random noises as if to answer me

When he gets excited he opens and closes both hands really fast. It's so cute and a sign of him being pleased with whatever is going on at the time.

He's a great eater but as I've previosly mentioned, with the exception of breakfast there is no more baby food. It's a challenge to make sure he's getting good food but food he can have but I enjoy figuring out what he can have and introducing him to new things. His current favorites include grilled cheese, cantelope, broccoli, green beans and graham crackers. He's starting to figure out the sippy cup thing. More often than not he's surprised when something comes out of it, but it's all practice.

Watching him grow and change every day is just an amazing adventure and the most fulfilling thing I've ever done. This boy fills my heart with so much love and joy that I just don't know what to do with it all. He's only been here 8 months but I don't know how I ever lived without him.

THEN
Photobucket

NOW
Photobucket

No comments: