Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Reflections

Sunday was Mother's Day and we had a great day here. We went to breakfast and went and bought flowers and came home to spend the day together. After a couple toddler meltdowns I ended up feeling like a pretty crappy mom after making him cry so hysterically. It's all a part of the process of learning that life isn't a free ride and if you take out your toys you have to pick them back up. Tough lessons for an almost two year old.

We made up before bedtime and got some cuddles in. Then after Matt and I had settled downstairs for the night he started to cry. I took the oppurtunity to go up and snuggle some more. I sang to him "skidamarinkydinkydink" and "you are my sunshine" and felt him snuggle in tighter against me. I looked into his sweet little face and said "Matthew, thank you for giving me a Mother's Day. I love you" and he looked back at me and said, "cankake...blabla" which for those of you who don't speak Matthew is "pancake and banana". Yep, he put in his breakfast order. Oh well. Can't win them all.

Come on kid, take a picture with your momma!
Photobucket

Seriously just one picture!
Photobucket

Yeah, yeah, it's super cute when you look at me like that, but I WANT A PICTURE WITH YOU!!
Photobucket

Oh fine, I love you too Booger.
Photobucket

No comments: