Monday, May 24, 2010

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Friday was Matt's 30th birthday! Okay, not 30, more like 35, whatever, they're just numbers. Matthew and I spent all week getting ready. Finding just the right gift and planning a fun day. We snuck out of our library class early to go pick up lunch and meet daddy at the park! So fun! Matthew just loves carrying his lunch box around and is so excited when he finds lunch in it.

After the park we came home and I spent the afternoon decorating Matt's cake. I wanted to try my hand at making a fondant rolled cake. My mom always made my birthday party cakes when I was growing up and it's something I want to do for Matthew. I figure it was just us for Matt's birthday so if it didn't turn out well nobody would be the wiser. Fortunately for me, it turned out nice!

The picture makes it look a little crooked, it wasn't in person.
Photobucket

Matthew picked out the candles.

When it came time to sing "Happy Birthday" Matthew was a little upset. You see he has the meanest mommy and daddy ever and we wouldn't let him bang on the cake like a drum. I know, I know, how haven't we had him taken from us by child protective services?
Photobucket

All was forgotten once the cake was cut.
Photobucket

The next day we went on a little adventure over to the North Jersey Shore. It was a fun day, well all except for one moment of sheer humiliation thanks to the toddler terror. But that's for another blog post.

No comments: