Monday, September 1, 2008

The Most Beautiful Sound

The most beautiful sound in the world to me is the sound of Matthew's cry.

I know most of you will think that is strange, but by the time you finish reading this blog you will understand why.

You see when you become pregnant and dream about the day you give birth you can't wait to hear your baby cry. A lot of the stories of childbirth talk about the moment. The euphoria you feel as you realize you did it, your child is here! And he/she's got strong lungs!

Sometimes it is frustrating to listen to your child cry. Especially when you've tried every trick in the book to make it all better. There are some days when the sadness takes over and crying is the only thing that helps the poor babe's soul.

Those days would frustrate some moms, but not me.

You see when Matthew cries I sometimes let him do it for a minute or two just to listen. To hear the beautiful sound of his lungs working. The urgency and sadness in his voice gives me pause and I find myself smiling.

Why you ask?

Because Daniel and Hope never cried. Never got the chance. They were never able to utter a sound.

But Matthew? He can. So I listen. And am thankful.

Photobucket

No comments: