Monday, September 15, 2008

Riding Dinosaurs

Every night when Matt comes home from work he takes the baby upstairs with him to change while I start dinner. I like to imagine him driving home after a long day and being excited about seeing his son. Matthew, on the other hand, is less enthusiastic. See, he's a mommy's boy already. I'm sure it's typical of children who have mom's or dad's stay home with them. But Matt keeps trying, determined to make sure he knows both of us as safety nets.

After dinner they hang out and he asks him about his day and it usually goes something like this:

"What did you do today with mommy? You were riding dinosaurs? Were you in your car seat? I have to tell that mommy it's not safe for you to be riding dinosaurs without your car seat. Silly mommy."

Photobucket

I think, like me, he is overwhelmed by the love this child has brought into our lives. The shear joy and excitement that comes with guiding him along this journey called life.

There's something about watching my husband be a father that takes my breath away. He is a good man, raised by a good man, raising what I pray will become a good man.

I'm honored to share this life with him and to give the world another good man.

Photobucket

I thank God every day for all of the blessings in my life. I'm so lucky to be married to this man and to have this little boy. Love is a strange thing. It is boundless. Just when you think you couldn't love someone more you catch a moment and you fall all over again.

Photobucket

No comments: