Thursday, June 18, 2009

Cherish

As mentioned in previous blogs Matt is in charge of the bed time routine. I relish the time to myself to get a bath and read a book and just relax. But there is part of me that misses that sleepy, cuddly time that happens with Matthew only at night. I put him to bed during the day but there's a different type of cuddle that comes with bedtime.

Every once in a great while when I'm done my bath Matthew is still wide awake and I get to rock him and sing to him. It doesn't happen often so tonight when it did I was thrilled as I was just feeling a tinge of sadness as I listened to Matt reading "Goodnight Moon" that it wasn't me doing it. Matt had even gone downstairs and I yelled to him to bring up the camera for we are nearing one and that much closer to bedtime turning into a little boy's routine rather than a baby's routine.

Matthew is growing up very quickly. And while half of me loves seeing him become more independent and growing up half of me is sad to lose the little baby he was. As I rocked him tonight and sang "you are my sunshine" I was reminded what a gift this child was to me. This sweet little boy is mine. I am his mommy. And it's the best job in the world.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Look how long his hair is getting! I can't believe how fast this little boy is growing up.